Monday, September 19, 2011

The character for I, i.e. 我

Today I'm going to introduce the character for I in Chinese, which is 我()


There are several adverbs that we can attach to the character 我 such as......


我能(wǒ néng) = I have the ability to




我行/我可以(wǒ xín /wǒ kě yǐ) = I can


我要(wǒ yào)= I want to


我不要(wǒ bú yào)= I don't want to


我有(wǒ yǒu)= I have


我沒有(wo3 mei2 you3)= I don't have


Some examples that can be extended from 我要-->


我要你/妳(wǒyàonǐ)                                                       






我要出去(wǒyàochūqù)= I want to go out.




我要開會(wǒyàokāihuì)= I want to have a meeting.






我要吃飯(wǒyàochīfàn)= I want to eat.




我要去嗎?(wǒ yào qù mā)= Do I need to go?


Examples for 我有:




我有一些錢(wǒ yǒu yì xiē qián)= I have some money.




我有話要說(wǒ yǒu huà yào shuō)= I have something to say.




我有問題要問(wǒ yǒu wèn tí yào wèn)= I have a question to ask.




我有事要做(wǒ yǒu shì yào zuò)= I need to do something.


Examples for 我不要(wǒ bú yào):




我不要出去(wǒ bú yào chū qù)= I don't want to go out.




我不要吃飯(wǒ bú yào chī fàn)= I don't want to eat.




我不要休息(wǒ bú yào xīu xí)= I don't want to rest.


我不要上班(bú yào shàng bān)= I don't want to work.


Examples for 我沒有(wǒ méi yǒu)= I don't have/I didn't.




我沒有錢( méi yǒu qián)= I don't have money.




我沒有辦法(wǒ méi yǒu bàn fǎ)= I don't know what to do.


我沒有叫車(wǒ méi yǒu jiào chē)= I didn't call a taxi


我沒有零錢(wǒ méi yǒu líng qián)= I don't have spare change.

Rather interesting, isn't it? Just some of the simple uses of the character "I" and it's adverbs.





















No comments:

Post a Comment